Here are the Colorado rules for campaign finance:
- No political party may accept aggregate contributions from any person—other than a small donor committee—that exceed $3,650 per year at the state, county, district, and local levels combined. Aggregate contributions to a state political party shall not exceed $2,825 per year.
- Political parties cannot accept contributions from foreign citizens, foreign corporations, foreign governments, corporations, or labor organizations. Political parties cannot accept contributions intended for a specific candidate. Colorado State filing requires that this donation comes from an individual.
- I am a United States citizen or a lawfully admitted permanent resident of the United States.
- This contribution is not made from the general treasury funds of a corporation, labor organization, national bank, or from an entity or person who is a federal contractor. The funds I am donating are not being provided to me by another person or entity for the purpose of making this contribution.
- No donations in cash over $99 can be accepted.
- All donations must include Name & Address, donations totaling over $100 in a year must include Name, Address, Employer and Occupation.